FIVE TECH STARTUPS AWARDED PILOT CONTRACTS THROUGH ALDAR’S SCALE UP PROGRAMME
- LlamaZOO, Darabase, Geotwin, Sook Space awarded pilot programmes with Aldar
- Sook Space and Metaverse Architects awarded pilot programmes with strategic partner Majid Al Futtaim Communities
- Selected startups originate from four different countries
- Solutions in spatial intelligence, blockchain, data analytics, and customer experience, as shift to Web 3.0 accelerates globally
Abu Dhabi, UAE – 30 May 2022: Aldar Properties (‘Aldar’) announced today that five tech startups have been awarded pilot projects as part the second cycle of its equity-free accelerator programme, Scale Up, alongside strategic partner Majid Al Futtaim Communities. The five selected businesses specialise in the rapidly evolving technologies of spatial and artificial intelligence, blockchain, NFT applications and data analytics, and align with the UAE’s smart and sustainable cities ambitions, as shift to Web 3.0 accelerates globally.
Developed in partnership with startAD, the Abu Dhabi-based global startup accelerator, powered by Tamkeen and anchored at NYU Abu Dhabi, this year’s programme focused on attracting international startups with technologies that have the potential to reimagine the future of the real estate industry and shape the open metaverse. Aldar has awarded four international startups with pilot contracts, while Majid Al Futtaim Communities has awarded two.
The five businesses selected for pilot projects include:
● LlamaZOO, a spatial business intelligence platform enabling enterprises to create real-time digital twins of places, spaces, and things. (Aldar)
● Darabase, an Augmented Reality outdoor media company, codifying and monetizing property digital rights in the metaverse. (Aldar)
●Geotwin, an advanced computing and research startup that operates a SaaS platform and offers a low-risk and cost-efficient way for organisations to test and evaluate strategies and investments. (Aldar)
● Sook Space, a platform that provides access to flexible, sustainable, affordable, and digitally-connected spaces. Bookable by the hour, and in multiple locations, Sook enables big and small businesses to experiment, connect with their communities, and thrive. (Aldar and Majid Al Futtaim Communities)
● Metaverse Architects, an industry-leading development, investment, and advisory firm in the Metaverse sector. (Majid Al Futtaim Communities)
Following a rigorous process of assessing over 300 applications from 69 countries, 10 startups were accepted to take part in a 4-week sprint accelerator where they received curated training sessions, worked with dedicated Innovation Champions within Aldar and Majid Al Futtaim, and benefited from access to global experts and introductions to regional industry leaders. The participating startups have raised an average of $632,000 in funding and generate an average annual revenue of $619,000. All 10 startups pitched their solutions to a selection committee for pilot projects with Aldar and Majid Al Futtaim Communities.